Construction Project Superintendent
Construction Project Superintendent position
MRJ Constructors is searching for our next experienced Construction Superintendent with demonstrated abilities in all phases of project supervision, strong written and verbal communication skills and is an experienced leader. A Superintendent helps team members build relationships, promotes our company’s core values, and helps provide an environment that benefits our customers and team members.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 8 years experience in commercial building, industrial, tenant improvement and/or renovation projects and possesses extensive knowledge of structural concrete, steel, and/or wood frame construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing the project schedule, update the schedule and effectively managing all schedule dates to meet milestones and completion date.
- Managing the construction schedule and onsite subcontractors.
- Planning and organizing materials and labor for MRJ work activities to meet or beat labor costs.
- Managing MRJ’s on-site labor, ensuring that there is adequate MRJ supervision for all work including shift work and weekends.
- Managing the overall safety of the job site and all surrounding areas, as you work to achieve positive safety results.
- Be the primary point-of-contact for all onsite activities from mobilization through the project warranty period.
- Ensuring that each project is delivered to the client with the highest level of quality.
- Effectively managing the cost of work to ensure that costs do not exceed budget.
- Communicating and managing the jobsite; ensuring that all parties are aware of their responsibilities and are informed of project status and expectations.
- Train and mentor MRJ Constructors field staff. Identify strengths and weaknesses, supporting both advancement and improvement. Inform management of those employees that deserve the recognition for their efforts.
- Ensuring project records are processed and maintained as required and that the project logistics support the schedule.
You are qualified if:
- You hold a high school diploma (or equivalent); a four-year degree in building science, construction management or engineering, preferred. A relevant combination of education and experience will be considered.
- You have a minimum of eight (8) years experience in construction and supervision experience.
- Comfortable reading plans, specifications and contracts. You can easily carry over information from the construction documents to the work in the field.
- You have experience in commercial, industrial, tenant improvement and/or renovation projects.
- You are knowledgeable in computer programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project, and project management systems such as Bluebeam.
- You are accustomed to working in a “team-build” environment to achieve the same goals of quality, schedule and cost.
- You are a positive team player who is skilled in efficiency, organization, and multi-tasking.
- You are an honest, genuine, trustworthy leader.
- You are a problem solver with great organization skills.
- You have a desire to learn and use technology-self-improvement.
- Desired certifications:
- CESCL (SWPPP); OSHA 10; First Aid/CPR and Asbestos, Lead and Silica Training.