Construction Project Engineer-Entry Level
Construction Project Engineer position-Entry Level
MRJ Constructors currently has an open position as an entry level Project Engineer position. We are currently looking to hire students graduating Spring 2022 or previous graduates.
MRJ Constructors is in its 30th year of building projects in the Pacific Northwest and we are looking to add to our company team. We are a medium sized commercial/industrial construction company located in Seattle with an annual construction volume of $22,000,000 to $26,000,000. Our project types include commercial-ground up, tenant improvement, automotive, restaurant, adaptive reuse projects/historic renovations, industrial projects and private schools. Our focus has always been on private-negotiated/”team-build” projects rather than competitive bid or public projects.
Our client list includes: Ferrari of Seattle, Jaguar/Landrover of Seattle and Bellevue, Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge and Hyundai of Seattle, Comcast, BE Aerospace, Brooks Sports, Urban Self Storage, Hamlin Robinson School, Seattle Country Day School, Northwest School, The Essential Baking Company, Total Reclaim Recycling, Star Rentals, Kitsap Humane Society, The Revere Group, Verizon Communications, Aviation Technical Services, Pike Brewing Co., Garage Billiards and Bowling, Lark Restaurant, ACME Bowl and many other private companies.
Our Project Managers and Engineers enjoy the ability to work independently on a variety of different project types. As a negotiated contractor, we work with the project team (owner/architect and consultants) from early design as a cost/schedule and materials consultant and through project completion as the General Contractor.
Please note that this is not a design engineer job opening, MRJ is a Commercial/Industrial General Contractor.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and personality traits:
- Construction management, Civil Engineering (with an emphasis on construction) or similar degree.
- Entry level experience in the construction industry-internships and/or summer employment.
- Ability to read Construction Drawings and interpret Project Specifications.
- Basic knowledge of quantity take-offs and estimating.
- An understanding of reviewing shop drawings and submittals for owner/architect approval.
- Demonstrate good communication skills-oral and writing.
- Hard working be open to learn from any challenge.
- Active listening skills.
- Excellent and dependable follow through skills.
- No fear with confronting issues, making decisions and resolving conflicts.
- Presents a positive attitude and a professional image of themselves and the company.
- Able to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Someone that can work with the team to solve problems that come up.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work directly below a Project Manager on several projects. The Project Engineer:
- Establishes and maintains job site office organization
- Reviews, tracks and expedites subcontractor and material supplier submittals and shop drawings.
- Provides quantity takeoffs for Change Order pricing and to support the Project Manager during estimating.
- Reads and understands construction plans and specifications.
- Interprets and explains plans and contract terms to administrative staff, field crews and clients.
- Ensures all plans, specs, and submittals are accurate with matching information.
- Assists Project Managers with managing Change Orders.
- Generating RFI’s and expediting field questions. Will work with the Project Superintendent generating field questions or process requests for information generated by subcontractors.
- Updates plans and details with RFI’s for the field.
- Updates projects schedules in conjunction with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Monitors subcontractor performance and verifies quality of work.
- Tracks manpower compared to project budget.
- Providing on-site and off-site support to the Project Manager and the Project Superintendent during the entire project process.
- Day to day coordinating with the owner/architect, Project Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Preparing and distributing weekly construction meeting minutes. Meetings will be run by the Project Manager.
- Work with the Project Manager in writing and sending out subcontracts and change orders to subcontractors and owners.
- Update monthly pay applications.
- Project Closeout.
- Software programs that MRJ Constructors uses-Microsoft Products (Word, Excel and MS Project), Timberline Estimating and Blue Beam.
Salary Range and Availability:
- Salary range will be a competitive salary package in the industry and Seattle area.
- Salary includes 7 paid holidays and two weeks of paid vacation.
- Benefits include MRJ medical, dental and MRJ 401k.
Please feel free to visit our website at www.mrjconstructors.com for more information about our company and to see the projects that we build. Resumes can be forwarded to Martin Hogger at email@example.com.
This position description is a summary and may not be a complete representation of the position. The essential functions of the position could change as duties are assigned.